BLEONS / SHEETS
director: Maria Giulia Campioli
actors: Lucia Linda, Claudio Mariotti
concept: Maria Giulia Campioli Claudio Mariotti
light designer: Claudio Parrino
finalist show in the “in-box verde” 2017 prize
Shall I read you a story?
– No, let’s play a little bit more, please….
– Your games are boring…
– Look here!
– Nice! Can you give it to me?
– Yes. And now read me your book.
– I will read it, but then we sleep.
– Your bed is better than mine!…
– It is not true, they are exactly the same.
– So why is my bed more ugly than yours?
– It is not ugly, it is only messy, because you roll round and round, round and round, round and
– Now switch off the light.
– But I am scared of the darkness….can I sleep with you?
– No! and please: don’t snore!
– And you do not do the sleep-walker!
….come on, come here, close to me. And now: good night!
– Sweet dreams.
– What would you like to dream about tonight?
– Butterflies, fireflies and trees, then the sea and the stars…and you?
– An adventure on a boat: in the middle of the sea, then comes the storm and then I am
– Someone could die of fear!
– For sure…but only in the dreams. Then I will wake up.
A performance without words. A journey to discover the poetry of the sheets.
A stone can tell the story of centuries and centuries. A piece of wood can become
Pinocchio and live an immortal adventure. On a paper we can bring to life pictures, words
and sounds. And the sheets? What can the sheets tell us?
The sheets are a deep intimate space (both single and double). A private subject that
everyone has got in common, and which we daily use. We spend more or less a quarter of
our lives inside them.
In the show we see two characters that are preparing to go to bed. An usual and daily
practice becomes an epic adventure. A long series of silent movie gags drives the
preparation of the beds. He is concrete and experienced, she is clumsy and racy. At the
end of their games and struggles, they fall asleep. They dream. And we follow them in
their dreams full of fireflies, owls, stormy seas, shipwrecks… till dying from eating too
But it’s only a dream: a dreamlike trip to discover the poetic of sheet, that unrolls all night
long, until the crowing of the cock.